WhatsApp is one of the most popular messaging apps in the world, with over 2 billion active users. It allows users to send text messages, photos, videos and voice messages to other users for free. WhatsApp also offers a feature called “Delete for Everyone,” which allows users to delete messages that they have sent to other users. This feature can be useful if you accidentally send a message to the wrong person or if you change your mind about what you said. However, it can also be frustrating if you want to see a message that someone has deleted.
There are a few ways to see deleted messages in WhatsApp. One way is to use a third-party app. There are a number of apps available that can scan your phone’s memory for deleted WhatsApp messages. Once you have installed an app, simply open it and it will scan your phone for deleted messages. If it finds any, it will display them to you.
Another way to see deleted messages in WhatsApp is to restore your chat history from a backup. WhatsApp allows you to back up your chat history to Google Drive or iCloud. If you have enabled chat backup and you have recently deleted a message, you can restore your chat history from the backup and the deleted message will be restored as well.
Finally, you can also see deleted messages in WhatsApp if you have enabled the “Notification History” feature on your phone. This feature keeps a record of all of the notifications that you have received, including WhatsApp messages. If someone deletes a message that they sent to you, you will still be able to see it in the Notification History.
Here are the steps on how to see deleted messages in WhatsApp using each of the methods mentioned above:
Using a Third-Party App
- Download a third-party app that can scan your phone’s memory for deleted WhatsApp messages.
- Open the app and give it permission to scan your phone.
- The app will scan your phone for deleted messages and display them to you.
Restoring Your Chat History from a Backup
- Open WhatsApp and go to Settings > Chats > Chat Backup.
- Make sure that “Back up to Google Drive” or “Back up to iCloud” is enabled.
- Tap on “Backup” to back up your chat history.
- Once the backup is complete, uninstall and reinstall WhatsApp.
- After reinstalling WhatsApp, sign in with your phone number and password.
- WhatsApp will ask you if you want to restore your chat history from a backup. Tap on “Restore”.
- Your chat history, including any deleted messages, will be restored.
Using the Notification History Feature
- Open the Settings app on your phone.
- Go to Apps & Notifications > WhatsApp > Notifications.
- Enable “Notification History”.
- Open WhatsApp and open a chat with the person who deleted the message you want to see.
- Look for the message that was deleted. It will have a “This message was deleted” label next to it.
- Tap on the label and the deleted message will be displayed.
These are the three ways that you can see deleted messages in WhatsApp. If you are looking for a quick and easy way to see deleted messages, then using a third-party app is the best option. If you want to see deleted messages that were deleted a long time ago, then restoring your chat history from a backup is the best option. Finally, if you only want to see deleted messages from a specific chat, then using the Notification History feature is the best option.
I hope this article has been helpful. If you have any other questions, please feel free to leave a comment below.